My Introduction ...

Welcome to all our family and friends. Patients, families, caregivers, therapists, nurses, doctors, anyone with a concern for and interest in lymphedema is most welcome!!!

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

My Introduction ...

Postby NetterBug » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:03 pm

:D

Hello! I am a new member here and live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I have an adult son, one grandchild, two dogs, two cats and a lot of adopted nephews and neices.

My Mom was recently diagnosed with Lymphedema and several years ago while in a clinical drug trial/study at UCSF the doctor there though I had it, but it turned out to be Vasculitis (sp). I also have a sister who has Lympedema but is not getting treatment. There are times I am concerned it will kill her if she does not go to a doctor, but like the old saying goes, you can lead a horse to the water but you cannot make it drink ... same goes for dogs, cats and people too. LOL

I am looking forward to learning more about Lymphedema, and being supportive of my family as well as my new online friends.

Netter Bug
NetterBug

Postby silkie » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:06 pm

Hi Netter

Welcome to the group

I have primary lymph and lip

the best place to learn i think is here the information is brilliant

All with medical links and references

Anything you cant find in the info ask

Hugggg
Silks xxx
silkie

Postby patoco » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:21 pm

Hi Netter

Just wanted to second Silkie's welcome :!: :!:

Look forward to getting to know you and in your participation with the family here.

Don't hesitate to ask any question or express any concern, that is what we are here for.

:wink:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby NetterBug » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:33 am

Thanks for the warm welome Silks! I'm feeling comfy here. There is so much to learn and read ... it might take years. Ha ha.

Believe me, if there is one thing I do well it is ask questions, even the ones that may seem stupid because I heard long ago that there really is no stupid question. :wink:

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better over time.

Netter Bug

silkie wrote:Hi Netter

Welcome to the group

I have primary lymph and lip

the best place to learn i think is here the information is brilliant

All with medical links and references

Anything you cant find in the info ask

Hugggg
Silks xxx
NetterBug

Postby NetterBug » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:37 am

Hi Pat,
Thank you for the warm welcome too. You and I have shared a few emails today (Leo on AOL) :wink:

I appreciate that you told me about this wonderful site. It sort of reminds me of Prince's NPGMusicClub set up. Except there you can have avatars.

I'm loving it here already. Slowly but surely I will feel at home with my new LE family.

Blessings,

Netter Bug

patoco wrote:Hi Netter

Just wanted to second Silkie's welcome :!: :!:

Look forward to getting to know you and in your participation with the family here.

Don't hesitate to ask any question or express any concern, that is what we are here for.

:wink:

Pat
NetterBug

Postby Drea » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:07 am

Hi Netterbug!! I am new as well, I live in Portland, but I am still a Claifornia Girl at heart, Born & bred in Cali. I have had LE for aout oh I dunno like 4 years i will say. I am a stage four plus now, and I am trying to save my life, This forum and these angels were sent to help me I believe. Just stopping in to introduce mtyself. Drea, age 34, Portland, 3 kids, no pets, one hubby. Hope to see more of you, Drea:d
Drea

Postby NetterBug » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:03 am

Thanks Drea! I lived in Oregon for one year, and have a friend who lives in Colton ... a very small town up that way. I think of leaving Cali often, but I hate the snow, the rain flares up my disease and no other state offers such great benefits for the disabled health wise.

Take care,
NB

Drea wrote:Hi Netterbug!! I am new as well, I live in Portland, but I am still a Claifornia Girl at heart, Born & bred in Cali. I have had LE for aout oh I dunno like 4 years i will say. I am a stage four plus now, and I am trying to save my life, This forum and these angels were sent to help me I believe. Just stopping in to introduce mtyself. Drea, age 34, Portland, 3 kids, no pets, one hubby. Hope to see more of you, Drea:d
NetterBug

Return to Welcome Family