New member, though not new to the LE game

Welcome to all our family and friends. Patients, families, caregivers, therapists, nurses, doctors, anyone with a concern for and interest in lymphedema is most welcome!!!

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

New member, though not new to the LE game

Postby raingoddess 2 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:44 pm

Hello everybody! My name is ellen and I am 17 years old, a little of a baby compared to the group here, but i recently joined the teen group through yahoo (also run by Pat) and thought i would come here to recieve the advice of my wise "elders" if you don't mind me saying. I have had le since birth, but it did not actually appear until I was 8 years old when I grew about 4 inches and the underdeveloped lymph nodes and vessels in my legs could no longer keep up. Anyway, just wanted to say hello to everyone here on this post, i am glad i found you guys! :D
raingoddess 2

Postby joanne johnson » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:25 pm

Hi Ellen,
Welcome! We are all glad that you found us too. Good you joined the teen group. We older but hopefully wiser "older" people still have alot of good advice too. It comes with age. You seem to be doing fine and have a cheerful attitude. Good for you. Keep in touch and we can ever help in any way, please let us know. :wink:
joanne johnson

Postby patoco » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:59 pm

Hi Ellen

Want to give a resounding second to Joanne's welcome :!: :!: :)

LOL...we "elders" are very happy to have you join!!! :wink:

One thing about lymphedema, being a veteran doesn't depend on age.

We all look very much forward to getting to know you and in your participation.

BTW...today, at the special request of a dynamic young person from Australia, by the name of Blush, we started a new forum just for young people with lymphedema.

Check it out...hopefully you'll find lots of new friends there.

If we can help in any way, and/or if you have any questions or concerns, just let us know...we're all here for each other :)

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Thank you for the love

Postby raingoddess 2 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:55 pm

Thanks you guys for responding! I really think that i have found a good niche here and after a good number of years looking for some support, I think I have found it. It has been a roller coaster and I hope that I have finally found my plateau. I will be keeping in touch and asking for advice, and again thank you for the posts - they make me feel all toasty inside knowing I found a second family!

:D :D :D lots of love to you all! ~ Ellen ~
raingoddess 2

Postby silkie » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:11 pm

Hi Ellen Big Welcome

Great to have you with us

hugggggggggggggggg

Silksxxxxxxxxxxxx
silkie

Postby blush » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:26 am

Hi Ellen,
It' s great to hear our story. I am 22 and was diagnosed only two years ago, so i find it so helpful and interesting chattin to people who have had it longer and at a different stage in their life.
look forward to chatting to you!! check out the yougn people section, its gonna be great !!

hi pat and silks!!

blush xoxo
blush

Postby PamelaS » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:31 am

Hi Ellen,

So glad that you found us. A great big welcome to you. I feel that you will enjoy the teen/young people's area. A good place for your guys to go and chat about your concerns and lives.

LE doesn't discriminate - it can show up just about at any time. I've been dealing with it in my right arm for about 3 years.

Welcome to the family - you'll find lots of support here. :D

Pamela
PamelaS

Return to Welcome Family