Shoes...shoes....what to buy......

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

Shoes...shoes....what to buy......

Postby LadyDi » Fri May 18, 2007 10:54 pm

I asked this question a long time back but...my mind is soup and I have to ask again.....forgive me...lol. I have LE in right and left leg and also heel spurs...so..its quite painful walking. I have purchased Crocs in the past but they dont offer all that much relief for very long. My question is ...what kind of shoes do ya'll buy? I would just like an idea of what might offer some relief. I have a wide foot also...so when my foot swells even more..its tough finding a shoe to put on. Thanks for any and all input. :D
LadyDi

Postby silkie » Sat May 19, 2007 1:52 am

Hi LadyDi

I have same problem i use flyflots there have ajustable straps over the

foot they are more of a sandal but beggars cant be choosers

i find them very comfortable infact i bought two new pair last weekend they will do me for 12 months

they are on the net have there own website in a few countries

Good luck

Silksssssssssss xx
silkie

Postby joanne johnson » Sun May 20, 2007 12:13 am

Hi Lady Di,
I also have a huge problem purchasing shoes. It can really be a nightmare. I finally ended up finding a shoe store that caters to large and wide feet. If you look in the yellow pages of your phone directory they may advertise for hard to fit and wide sizes. I think I take an 81/2 EEE. I wear a men's black sneaker, not feminine or pretty but looks acceptable, but covers my feet and keeps them warm. They just look like a black shoe. They were 80.00 on sale but they are comfortable and will last for a long time. I live in New York. Two stores where I have found success is The Rugged Boot and Foot Solutions. I don't know if they have any other stores in other states. Good luck!
joanne johnson

What shoes to buy

Postby charpunk » Sun May 27, 2007 2:08 pm

Hi Everyone,
I haven't posted in a while, but have been reading the forums very often. I just wanted to comment on what shoes to buy. I have found Finn Comforts. They are velcro adjustable and are made in Germany. They are a little pricey, but since I started wearing them my hip pain is gone & I can adjust the velcro according to what the swelling is doing on a daily basis. I have lymph in both legs and until I found the Finns I was unable to wear almost anything. I bought my first pair 6 years ago and am still wearing them. Since then I have bought several more pairs....of course..ha! I highly recommend them. They also have a footbed that can be replaced when needed.
Thanks for all the information. What would we do without each others knowledge??
Thanks, Rhonda
charpunk

Postby ksl4139 » Sun May 27, 2007 7:56 pm

Silkie, I went to Flyflots website and there are so many to chose from. Which one do you have? I saw one with adjustable straps over the top of the foot. Are the rest of the shoes good to wear or just the one you have found so far?
Thanks
Kathy
ksl4139

shoes

Postby silva » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:59 pm

Hallo
Question on shoes. All the flyflots are very good and comfortable and are a reasonable price. There is also the Masai walking shoe, very expensive, but they have to be fitted properly. They are called MBT. There is also a flip flop out now that is good, they are on the we,
b. it is called fit flop they have a fitted sole, so exercise the legs, my daughter wears then, in the summer month, with the toeless stockings, and finds it great to be able to wear a sandal. Hope this helps with the question on different shoes.
Silva
silva

shoes

Postby ksl4139 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:29 pm

Thanks Silva for the help.
Kathy
ksl4139

Postby nascargirl » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:45 am

Hi I am very new here, but I have found that I only wear running shoes that are leather uppers. I do this for a couple of reasons, first of all, anything with nylon makes the swelling in my left foot and both legs worse. Also the leather expands with my feet allowing for some swelling.
I also will not wear any socks that have nylon in them, are like athletic type of socks, or have an elastic at the top (stick to rib knit top). These two things help me alot, especially the wocks:)

Nascargirl
nascargirl

Re: Shoes...shoes....what to buy......

Postby xshlynne » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:04 am

LadyDi wrote:I asked this question a long time back but...my mind is soup and I have to ask again.....forgive me...lol. I have LE in right and left leg and also heel spurs...so..its quite painful walking. I have purchased Crocs in the past but they dont offer all that much relief for very long. My question is ...what kind of shoes do ya'll buy? I would just like an idea of what might offer some relief. I have a wide foot also...so when my foot swells even more..its tough finding a shoe to put on. Thanks for any and all input. :D

This was posted quite a while ago, but I thought I'd go ahead and respond. I love shoes. I think I love them so much because I have such a hard time finding shoes that will fit my right foot. I've found that masseys.com and avenue.com both have true wide shoes that will often (not always but often) fit my feet. Sometimes I am able to find wide shoes at nordstroms.com and payless.com. Most of my swelling is at the top of my foot back to my ankle so I usually only wear slides with open backs. I've had a lot of luck with these online stores.
xshlynne

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories