Good news!

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

Good news!

Postby bouncedrealitycheck » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:18 am

After almost three years of fighting, I finally got approved for disability. The day before my hearing my lawyer called and said the judge assigned to my case had reviewed my file and approved me on the spot. I will finally get to have ALL the MLD I need instead of a week here and a week there. The relief I feel is overwhelming.
Pat, hope you're feeling better!
bouncedrealitycheck

Postby patoco » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:56 am

WHOA....SUPER CONGRATS :!: :!: :!: :!:

:D :wink:

Let's hear it for success :!: :!: :!: :!:

It just really pi***** me off that lymphers have to go through all this.

Big hug to ya :D

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby Kim » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:30 pm

CONGRATS on the disability!! What a relief for you! :D

I need to start the process, but i've just been dragging my feet. Any specific pointers you can share?

Kim :)
Kim

Postby bouncedrealitycheck » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:59 pm

Kim,
I'll give you the same advice that was given to me: Don't leave anything out, get your family, co-workers and especially your doctor to write detailed letters about what you used to be able to do compaired to what you can do now, any change in your moods, how often you get infections, etc. My lawyer had me keep a journal of ALL my daily activity, and that was a huge turning point for me, personally. I don't know the averages in Texas, but it took me almost 3 yrs to get an approval in Missouri, so the sooner you can file, the better. The one thing that keeps coming to my mind is they asked me what my hobbies were when I first filed. I put down reading and music. My case worker wrote up that I spent all my time reading or playing music, so I was able to do stuff with my hands, therefore, I wasn't disabled! Tricky, I tell ya! I wish you all the luck in filing!
Michelle
bouncedrealitycheck

Postby PamelaS » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:34 pm

I am really glad to hear that you got approved for the SS disability - but sorry it took so long. This is a road I'm familiar with due to my husband. It took him nearly 3.5 years to obtain his SS disability - his is due to a back injury - not Lymphedema - but it still is a frustrating and aggravating process to go thru.

Just very glad and happy for you that it finally now is happening. Major Congrats to you!

Pamela
PamelaS

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories