Mismate shoes - I needed a source and found a good one.

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

Mismate shoes - I needed a source and found a good one.

Postby Kathy854 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:16 pm

I am 56 and have congenital lymphedema mainly in my right leg. I have to purchase two different size shoes - usually 2 pairs. I am sure this is not surprising to a great many of you as I am sure you probably have to do the same. Occasionally, I can get shoes at Nordstroms for the price of one pair. These must be in their "instore" stock however. Recently, with some added hip and back problems, my search became more difficult. I am always on the lookout for a good source of shoes that I can put inserts in and also a extra lift in my left shoe as that leg is shorter. Searching the web, I came across a new website that offers the opportunity to purchase or sell one or mismated shoes. I have corresponded with the webmaster and he is very interested in helping us who have the need for mismate shoes. I love the concept of this website, it is so logical. The address is www.oddshoefinder.com. The only problem that I see is that not enough people are utilizing the website yet. So…I am trying to "selfishly" get the word out, because in the long run it will be beneficial to me. The service is free and I am not connected to it at all. I just wanted to let others know about it. If any of you are my opposite (I wear 8.5w on my left foot and 10w on my right), I'd love to correspond with you. It has been a life long dream to have someone to trade with or at least find one or the other of the sizes that I wear. (Yes, I know about the the National Odd shoe Exchange. They were not help to me.) Hope this helps.
Kathy854

Re: Mismate shoes - I needed a source and found a good one.

Postby patoco » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:25 pm

Hi Kathy :)

Thanks for that link - finding shoes for guys seems to be a lot easier then for the ladies.

I've always been able to get by buying shoes that fit the larger of my feet. We've also had some discussion on this in our Men with Lymphedema group.

For men - I found Dr. Scholl brand shoes are great. They not only last a long time, but are very comfortable and surprisngly inexpensive.

BTW...just moved from Lawrenceville out to Auburn :wink: I was teasing them at Gwinnett Medical that as much as I contribute to the revenues, they need to name at least one floor of that new addition after me. :D :D

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories