lymphedema in both upper legs

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

lymphedema in both upper legs

Postby butterfly » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:12 pm

Hi just dropping in to say that now I appear to have le in my left side as well as my right. I thought it might move but I have the signs in that same side around my hip/top of leg now too. My therapist says it is not as bad as the right but I am pretty worried. Just wish the le would stop.
I have noticed skin changes on right bad leg,when pressed aginst a surface eg carpet the upper leg ripples my therapist says this is due to the fluid being there. Pretty fed up .Really hot here in Scotland.
Hope everyone is doing okay.
butterfly

Postby patoco » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:38 am

Hi Butterfly :wink:

Not so good news to hear the lymph appears be starting on the left side as well. :(

Talk to your therapist about learning the basics of abdominal self lymphedema therapy so you can do it at home.

The key is in remembering that keeping the abdominal lymphatics clear is essential for having room for the leg/hip lymph fluid to move.

This is something I do rigoursly and I find it really does help.

Hopefully, starting the self massage now will help prevent the swelling from going on down the entire leg.

Let me know what they say.

Big hug to Ya :!:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories