Sorry for taking so long to write agai

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

Sorry for taking so long to write agai

Postby A1C Sarah » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:01 am

Hi Everyone,

This is Sarah from Ramstein Air Base in Germany writing!

Sorry its been a while since I last left a post the Air Force is again keeping me very busy!!!

The MEB has not come back, it actually got very messed up and became a very messy situation. Fortunately, because my provider here screwed up I got to go home and see my family. I couldn't have given my dad a better father's day present!!! :D

It is so hot here and I work in an enclosed "controlled" area without AC and without windows, just fans that circulate hot air around, we have temps that are close to 99 degrees Faranheit. A few people are allowed to wear PC gear (shorts and T-shirst), but because I "work with customers," I am not allowed to. I have also noticed that I am swelling more and more everyday and keep asking to be allowed to, but the answer is always no. I am almost ready to go to my doctor and get them to write me a note.

I got a little bit of treatment off base with a German physical therapist supposedly "trained" in MLD. She spoke hardly any English and later that afternoon, I was more swollen from whatever she did to me!!! Is that normal? I went to a doctor off base and she said that I definitely have lymphedema and she said that she wants me to go for therapy off base also, well Tricare doesn't want to pay for anything.

In the meantime I get more swollen everyday and I still don't have compression stockings and no treatment. I don't know how much more of this I can take. :cry: Please Pray!!! I am applying for a hardship relocation assignment, I think.

Sarah
A1C Sarah

Postby silkie » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:48 am

Hiya Sarah

Glad you got to see your Family

I do so feel for you in heat like that its been pretty horendous here

but unlike you i have been lucky enough to have a choice as what and what i can not manage thru the heatwave

Being on your feet with leg lymph is not good when its constant
in the heat well know wonder your legs continued to swell even worse

i had a cold wet towel over my supports with the fan on them trying to cool them down It felt like the supports were melting into my skin

and on the really hot days i stayed in I was pretty pleased with the control i kpet on them over those weeks but would rather have not had to
do the imporvisation lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

You do need theropy and i would hope that a qualified therapist would
brign the swelling down not increase it

Did she wrap after the massage ? did she use a moisturising cream?

A good therapist can teach you so much and the response to MLD is usually posative

Hope things improve for you soon Sarah

Hugssssssssss

Silks xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
silkie

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories