Possible Infection from a mosquito bite.

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

Possible Infection from a mosquito bite.

Postby A1C Sarah » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:44 am

Can, I please get some advice on what to do when bitten by mosquitos when you have Lymphedema?

I was bit a few days ago and I have been careful to clean the affected area and put neosporin (antiseptic cream) on it and did not itch it at all. Now, the area is getting larger and swelling some about the size of a quarter and is very red and is warm to the touch and also achy when touched. I had shaved the day before I was bit, but I've never had a problem before like this. Also there are more spots near and around it that area getting itchy, inflamed, and red. I can't get into see my doctor, because she is covering 3 other teams, because of a very short notice mission coming up in another part of Europe.

I would appreciate any advice anyone can give me. I am not try to jump to conclusions, I am just trying to take care of myself. The military thinks I am an idiot for doing that though. They think that I am trying to waste their time.

Sarah
A1C Sarah

Postby silkie » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:11 am

Hi Sarah

Check out the info there is help on mosquito bites
I find with insect bites i cleanse cover with anticeptic cream and cover with gauze if hardening or redness in the area and surrounding area i start AB's immediatly.
if the redness continues or spreads or there is increase in pain then Doctors hun a.s.a.p

Hugssssssssss

silks xxx
silkie

Postby patoco » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:21 am

Hi Sarah

Good advice from Silkie :!: :!:

If you are having that kind of reaction, sounds like the beginning of an infection.

I would strongly recommend preventative antibiotics.

Take care....glad to hear from you :!:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories