Shook Up/Scared

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

Shook Up/Scared

Postby PamelaS » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:52 am

Last night while taking the bus home from work, there was a problem on the bus. It began to move forward while the operator was putting a wheelchair passenger in the back. He raced forward to stop the bus, slammed on the brakes. We were all shook up/scared, we were all jarred forward.

I noticed today that in spite of wrapping and wearing my support, my right arm seems somewhat more swollen than usual and a bit sore. My back also is sore and I never usually have a problem with it - but no swelling there. I will be checking with my MD today to make sure there is no injury. Would it be appropriate to see my PT for lymph. to make sure that it is also OK?

The idiiot driving the bus never once inquired if any of us were hurt or safe and one older lady screamed as though she were scared. After the horrid heat we've had all week I did not need this.

I would appreicate your counsel on this.

Pamela
PamelaS

Postby patoco » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:58 am

Hi Pamela

I'm of the motto best to be sure then sorry. Would definately give the therapist a call.

The heat wave we have been having is hard enough on our lymph system and that kinda of a jolt could be a further aggravation.

Hope everything is ok :!: :!: :!:

Maybe it would be a good idea for that driver to take driving lessons before they let him take over a bus :idea: :evil:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories