worried about skin infection

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

worried about skin infection

Postby butterfly » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:03 am

Hi everyone-just checking in again to say I am pretty worried about my celluitis. Not getting any better. decided to take two antibiotics a aday instead of two which my doc has instructed on my meds anyway. I have red bottom and red streaks blotchness on my right le arm and swelling. I deel sick and have a lot of pain in my groin . esp on the right side. this redness is blotchy. My right arm is pretty hot right now and my right side of my faceis still slightly swollen. I feel worse than I have felt ina while with an infection. It's the worse one I have has so far. most of my other bouts haven't seemed this bad althought I felt pretty ill with them. I am slapping on the acqueaos creama savlon though so hopefully it wil all clear up soon. Will not be going back to work this week I don't think!
Hope you are all wel.
butterfly

Postby patoco » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:15 am

Hi Ya Butterfly :)

You must get to the hospital/ER and contact your doctor

What you are experiencing sounds just like cellulitis that has progressed to lymphangitis. The pain in the groin, the red streaks, the additional swelling all indicative of involvment of the lymph nodes themselves.

Please GO ASAP. If this is happening, you will need IV antibiotics.

Let us know how yo do, we'll be waiting to hear :!: :!:

Big hug to Ya

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby butterfly » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:32 pm

Hiya Pat
I Will be going to the doc this week
Thanks for your concern.
butterfly

Postby butterfly » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:41 am

hello Pat-Went to doc diagnosed celluitius/lymphodema. Given me antibiotics (co-amoxiclav ) to take three times a day for a week. Then I have to take two pills of my maintenance antibiotics for three weeks then drop down to my normal one. She agrees my right arm was red and swollen and she said it was harder than the left. So I hope this will go away. She looked at my leg too. Nice to go to doctor who understands!
Anyway signed off for a week.
Hope fully I will back to work in a weeks time.
butterfly

Postby butterfly » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:02 am

hiya everyone-update still not feeling too hot. Not going back to work next week either. Right infected arm still red but-but right infected hip v. sore. Just feel rubbish! Right arm still swollen. Hoping I will be fine by end of next week!
butterfly

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories