swollen arm

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

swollen arm

Postby butterfly » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:59 am

hi it's me again!
Seem to still have swollen arm on le side. I'm being treated for celluitis in this arm-am i right in thinking tghis can cause excess swelling? I don't normally have le in my right arm. I did have some a while ago but it wnt away but now my swelling in my elbow area -bouncy and under my armpit to the right again bouncy. My leg I think might be worse with worse swelling than I had before I got ill. My left side has also got a bit more bouncy. i just feel full of fluid! I;m hopefully going to get mld next sat if I am better-I have to speak to my therapist to see i f she is available and I am better. not going to work next week either. I just want to feel better!
hugs to all.
butterfly

Postby silkie » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:24 am

Hi Butterfly

Sorry u feeling bad.

Lympedema not going away hun. Each of us deal with lymph in our own way. My way is the good days GO FOR IT the not so good days take time
go a little slower, leave the things of little importance catch them up on good days.And the really hard days do essensials only the rest of the day help the lymph by not over doing it and causing more days of the same

Its a life change, learning to find a new way of dealing with the even simple things is hard to get into but if you can eventually it will help so much

MLD for me and wrapping supports are the things that help my lymph
more than anything else and they have priority over every thing

If nothing else gets done MLD DOES

Your arm there are simple things you can do to help and they will not harm until you get professional and practical help from your therapist
Elivate wen ever possible. simple massage always up from the hand (like the leg) rest it don't carry things even your purse with the effected limb

keep the limb protected wear a glove when doing things that could cause infections or abraisions. Try keeping out of hot water or cold

You will find your own way of living with the lymphedema it just takes time and patience to find what way is best for you

Hugggggggggggg

Silks xxxxxxxxxxxx
silkie

Postby butterfly » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:09 am

Hiya -just to say now on second lot of antiobiotics arm still seems infected .Hope this second lot does the trick! Seeing therapist on Sat.
butterfly

Postby patoco » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:49 pm

HI Ya Butterfly :)

Hope the second course does the trick too.

Let us know how it goes with the therapist this Saturday.

How is the swelling in the arm????

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby butterfly » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:43 pm

hiya pat!
Swelling in arm is worse later on in the day reckon. Heat has gone away in quite a bit.But under my armpit -under right side of my arm very puffy, sore. My back is also got fluid on the right side too. the tissue feels quite bouncy around my elbow. Just looking forward to seeing therpist and getting it all send back round again!
butterfly

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories