MY WONDERFUL LE DR

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

MY WONDERFUL LE DR

Postby lisa_t » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:23 pm

I have the BEST Lymphedema doctor. Anyone that lives in New Jersey should go to her. She is Dr Kathleen Francis. She is located in Livingston, NJ. Lymphedema is all she takes care of. Not only that but she spends time helping with difficult insurance problems. She gives a through exam and past history. She does not rush the exam and she takes time to explain everything.
Not only is she a great doctor but she is kind and funny. She does not candy coat anything. She is truthful.
I wish that all of you can have a Dr Francis.
Lisa NJ
lisa_t

Postby silkie » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:08 am

Hi Lisa

I would love your lymph Doctor

I have heard of her even in the UK

Well i have read about he work on the forums her names comes up

Hugsssssssssssss

Silksxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
silkie

Postby Audrey Boisvert » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:21 pm

Lisa, I couldn't wait to read your post because I also live in NJ. I also see Dr Francis, but when I saw her yesterday I was so disappointed. She really offered no solution to my good year blimp...it's getting worse & we all know that,but I do believe that it won't remain like this & that there are options. I am researching things like laser/infared treatments. I am waiting for my solaris/tribute garments to arrive from Rita at the clinic...do you see her also, Lisa. Are you a bc survivor, Lisa, who is part of your medical team? I guess misery just loves company, especially since I'm very laid up right now...I am learning how to do things left handed after 46 yrs of being right handed. Could you elaborate on your history Lisa? What do you do to maintain your arm? This is my first post to this site, so pardon me,,,Audrey
Audrey Boisvert

Audrey Dr Francis

Postby lisa_t » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:01 pm

Audrey,
I am sorry and suprised to hear about that Dr Francis did not help.There is no solution. Did she say that it was Lymphedema.? I am sorry to say that there is no cure for Lymphedema only treatment. So she reffered you to her clinic. They are very good there. I live in Elmwood Park so I am too far away to travel all the time.
Rita is going to do MLD therapy and wrap the arm. Anyone that would do any kind of laser treatments does not know anything about Lymphedema. You can do further damage to the arm. You cannot have any bood pressure or needles of any kind on that arm. Your Oncologist should have told you that.
I have Lymphedema in my left leg. Mine is called Primary Secondary to cellulitis. My leg I was told by Dr Francis I could loose it. That was in January I still have my leg and it is almost the same size as the right leg.
There are a lot of people in the same situation as you and I know that it seems like you are the only one. But there are people that can tell you that to give it a little time and the arm will look normal
There are not that many doctors that know anything about Lymphedema. Dr Francis ONLY takes lymphedema.
You need to tell her and consult with her on anything you want to do about your arm.
We all wish that there were a pill or operation to treat Lymphedema but there is not.
MLD does work. You have to do everything Rita and Dr Francis tells you to do. It does work you have to give it time.
Good Luck
Lisa
lisa_t

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories