feeling pretty uncomfortable

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

feeling pretty uncomfortable

Postby butterfly » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:58 am

Hello-me again! feeling pretty uncomfortable . Now been signed off work for this week with le. Face still puffy,leg pretty bad, arm sore, neck sore and now my left side looks rippled with fluid-top of left leg. My bottom is also very swollen on my right side-I always have this but I now have an almost sort of bruised hard feeling in my bottom. knee sore. Hurts when I walk oiutside.Seeing therapist on fri. Any tips people for what I can do until then? i try to keep my legs elevated when I remember. I am thinking of getting a matress topper. Pat? thanks.
butterfly

Postby butterfly » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:57 am

Pat? Anyone?
butterfly

Postby patoco » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:48 am

Hi Ya Butterfly

That mattress topper will probably make your bed a lot more comfy and provide some better support...really love mine.

Butterfly, don't like the way all this fluid is backing up in you. It's true that you do need to keep the legs elevated, but sounds like ya got to force yourself to do some extra things to try and help all that other fluid move.

I do four things every day and often several times a day.

First, breathing exercises. Breathing from the diaphram helps move fluids in the thoracic (lung/heart) cavity.

Second, abdominal self massage. This help the abs and the fluid movement there.

Third, I do the self arm massage.

Four, I do the arm flex exercises (pump that arm) to help move fluid there.

All this can provide some relief and will help. So glad you are seeing the therapist on Friday. Try some of the above and then Friday ask the therapist to help you refine those to fit your particular situation.

Let us know how it goes tomorrow.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby butterfly » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:30 pm

hiya pat-thanks for reply-didn't read your reply until after been therapist-thanks for thoughts though. My le nurse advised me to take next week off work too. -my face is full of fluid-right side, fluid on lids etc as well as arm and leg/hip etc. She spent alot of time on my face. I will try to do some of your suggestions. I do have further medicl problems in the way of weak muscles etc due to my dyspraxia so I ahve to be careful-but I do take the point to keep moving and I have been walking about quite alot toady-it's just as my therapist says I ahve been overwhelmed with the le this past few weeks. She says this moving of fluid is just going to happen. I am seeing her next week. thanks for your reply.
butterfly

Postby silkie » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:28 am

Hi Butterfly

I don't know if it will help I have real bad mobility just the way lymph has effected me one speed slow like the tortoise it is extreemly difficult
to walk when its not painful it feels like every step i am lifting dragging a ton weight with each leg so im more exhausted by the movement

So every time i move and breath i have this mental picture in my head of a small trap door like a camera lens opening and letting a little fluid thru
the more i move and breath the more of those trap door opens the more fluid i am shifting

Silly i know but it works for me this mental picture of all these little movements helping my lymph fluid get the hell out of me

i do flexing movements all day long if i sit i have my music on and move my body to the music or do my pelvics tummy breathing to the music

my left arm is pretty crook right now so that gets a lo9t off movement during the day even if its only shoulder shrugs and i do the most horrific scary face pulling you can imagine and i think of those trap doors wooshing the fluid through

Im a crazy lady but i feel like im doing something
for me and not letting the lymph reign supreem

huggggggggggggggggg
Silks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
silkie

Postby butterfly » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:53 am

thanks Silkie.
butterfly

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories