Another Newbie,

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

Another Newbie,

Postby Michelle » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:19 pm

Hi Everyone,

I live in England , I have primary all over LE, learning to live with It but sat here with my compression tights and they are pinching me behind the knee the short ones are more comfy but just push the lymph to the knee so not a lot of use really. I have tried the mediven elegance not as strong a compression but really nice almost like normal stockings, but just lately (and I have been wearing them for 2 yeas) the silicone band at the top leaves my legs red raw just where the bands touch my legs, dont know why they were o.k. before, anyone else had this problem?

Bye for now its 5. 17 in the evening here now and I will have to start the evening meal preparations.

Michelle.
Michelle

Postby silkie » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:07 am

Hi Michelle
Big welcome

I am in the UK to Manchester area.

I have jobst grade3 have tried every length imaginable

The behind the knee and ankle i get rubs really sore and painful
tried many things. Found Granufelx to work onr the rube area between leg and upper foot.

Back of the knees nothing. like most stockings they gather in the creases
and i think the weight pulling them down doesn't help

the silacone grip on the thigh highs causes a redness and rubbing on the inside of my thigh but its an area that is sensative to wetness and itching
(skin touching skin) when i use knee highs.

I do have a bad reaction to the skin glue from the therapist a bit like elastoplast reaction
the only thing that helped me was not to use the glue (thats if you are useing it) on the silicone itself but below it inver the seam of the grip
to help prevent them falling down

other than that its a lot of pulling out the crease areas every so often when wearing. I have got to the stage where i simply pull them up
skirt comes up and i hoink them up wherever i be those supports can really dig in

Not much help i am sotty

Hugsssssssssssss
Silksxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
silkie

post subject

Postby Michelle » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:02 am

Hi Silks,

Nice to hear from you, I have missed you on the U.K. lymph forum, I did P.M you but you mustn't have got my message. I am O.K just got to learn to live with all the inconveniences. I am not wearing my stockings today and It feels so good, I will prob suffer later though. I am waiting for a new pair of elegance tights now seeing as the hold ups left big red sores on the top of my thighs. let you know how I go on these tights have compression on the truncal area so that should help.

Bye for now.

Michelle.
Michelle

Postby patoco » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:47 pm

Hi Ya Michelle :D

Forgetting my manners here....realized I hadn't welcomed you :!:

So here is a big red carpet welcome :wink:

I'm wondering if you might be developing an allergy to the silicone?

Was reading your note to Kath on UK Lymph. it's interesting Michelle, when I was in high school I was a patient at the University of Oregon Medical School (LOL..guinea pig I should say).

The professors that ran the surgery department actually wrote an article in 1963 documenting abdominal lymphedema after a major abominal surgery. I've tried in vain to find a copy, but it is so old that not even an abstract is available for it.

Guess what amazes me is that these doctors knew this in 1963, yet today, most doctors would say that can't be true. There actually has been so much early knowledge of lymphedema that has been lost.

So very happy you joined us here, now we can visit on both side of the pond :)

Pat O 8)
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories