facial drooping

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

facial drooping

Postby butterfly » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:54 pm

Hiya-just got a question for you all -as you might know my le is back in my face in my eyelids and now in my brow, and now it seem to be causing my face to droop on the right hand side-my mouth seems to turn down at the corner on the right side of my face-the fluid now seems to have moved down there-all pretty umcomfortable-anyone had this and does nayone have any self-help measures I can do until I see my therapist again? thanks.
butterfly

Postby patoco » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:00 pm

Hi Ya Butterfly :)

I don't know what side you sleep on, but I basically sleep on my right side with the head of my bed actually propped up. I do this because of all the lung fluid.

What I notice when I get up is that the right side is swollen and I have this big bulge of fluid under my right chin. I figure, this is a result of the fluid shifting while I am asleep.

I actually do massage on the neck buldge and not long after I do this, the swelling in the face subsides as well..

You may have to actually start doing a bit of self facial/neck massage.

Other then wrapping your head (not what I want to do), that is about the only thing I know of to help.

Best to ya!!!

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby silkie » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:21 pm

Hi Pat hi Butterfly

I have recently started chewing gum

i noticed a little swelling could be nothing but I started doing this gurning type facial excercises (pulling strange distorted faces)

then i thought fluid moves by muscle movemnt and breathing
i'll have a go at chewing gum a couple of times a day

cant hurt and maybe move a little fluid if thats what it is

so far so good swelling has gone but then it might have just been

a rough few mornings

Hugssssssssssssssssssss

Silks xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
silkie

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories