got letter from Prof. Mortimer!

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

got letter from Prof. Mortimer!

Postby angel » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:04 pm

hello,
recieved a letter today from the Prof. It says I have a 'temporary but local derangment in lymphatic function'. He says I have a genetic syndrome but still dosen't know which one.
He said my lymph scans were normal -my left non le leg lymph transport was slightly reduced-but within normal range. He says this is not to say that there isn't something wrong with my capaillaries. He says it is difficult to know what it causing the swelling-hence having an mri of both thighs.
He says he couldn't find pitting-but the thing is and I mean no disrespect here that my hip was the only thing up that day -it was 2cm bigger on the right thigh-and not as swollen as it can be,plus my face wasn't swollen that say or my arm really so I feel that I didn't present with all my swelling. He says that it can't really be le because my swelling goes up and down but I thought some peoples swelling did go up and down and move around.
I 'm just a bit puzzled by it all.
No prognosis. I've to wear my tights if I feel they help.
angel

Postby angel » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:02 pm

anyone got any similiar experiences?
thanks.
angel

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories