finally, some good news

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

finally, some good news

Postby mama » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:55 pm

Hi all,
I've written before begging for advice but not always taking it. My hubby and I will admit that we do not follow the MLD/wrapping regiment like many of you are so faithful at. We probably don't deserve any good news, but that's what Grace is - getting what you don't deserve. My husband Josh was in the hospital the week before Christmas with breathing problems. Long story short, his lymphedema was practically full body and causing pressure on his lungs. Since coming home, a little over a month ago, he has began dieting and exercising. Those two things, plus the power of prayer, has helped him to lose 80 pounds!! Yes, eighty pounds! :lol: His calves [i]almost [/i] look normal, clothes actually fit and he can wear his wedding ring again!

Just a little ray of sunshine for those of you who are feeling hopeless. If you've heard my whining before, you know that Josh has it pretty bad and my heart breaks for him everyday. But a little portion control and being forced to use the stairs in our new house has gone a long way for him. Don't give up! Give it over to God instead!

Stacy

P.S. Aside from the fluid pressure on his lungs, we also found out that some medications are lowering his oxygen levels. He is taking methadone for pain and when it was mixed with anti-depressants, it had a serious reaction. Look into it if any of you are taking methadone!
mama

Postby patoco » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:14 am

Hi Stacy

That is good news!!!!! :!: :!: :D

Can I ever identify with your husband and what he has been through.

I ballooned up with some 60 lbs of fluid on my chest and abdomen. My lungs had begun to fill up - literally - almost completely every few weeks....and I have ben in the hospital four times for about 50 days since November. Also, had lung surgery in January to try and block off the lungs from the fluid.

It got so bad that I could only breathe standing up. From the way the docs talked when I first went it, I don't think they were expecting me to pull out of this one. :roll:

LOL......not....here I am still!! :wink: :lol:

Pass on my best to your hubby....and look forward to more good news.

:mrgreen: Pat O
patoco
Site Admin

Great To Hear.

Postby monicaw. » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:31 am

Hi Stacy,

My name is Monica. I am so happy to hear about your husbands progress, it is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!! :D :) :!: :!: :!: I will keep you both in my prayers.

Monie
monicaw.

Postby silkie » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:05 pm

Hi Stacy

I remember your postings I am so pleased that everything has gone so well

Good luck and you are in my prayers to I am a great believer in the power of prayer and also the power if never ever giving up on oneself

cos we are all worth it

Hugssssssssssss

Silksxxxxxxxxxx
silkie

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories