Im getting happy.

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

Im getting happy.

Postby monicaw. » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:11 pm

Hi family. Its been two weeks since I got and started using my compression machine. I can already see a difference. It is wonderful. I have to go back to the lymphedema center to get remeasured gor my stockings. I just wanted to keep you all updated.

Monie :)
monicaw.

compression machine

Postby Darlene » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:21 pm

Which compression machine are you using? I recently purchased the Flexi-Touch but have not seen much difference.

Thanks!
Darlene

Re: Im getting happy.

Postby OzClaire » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:40 pm

Hi gals, Pat's put up some stuff on compression machines (isn't he just wonderful) ... and there a differing views out there on their efficacy or otherwise .. I tried one many years ago and it didn't work for me :( I find the best things are compression stockings/bandages (all the time even in bed though ask your doctor about that one) and elevation (ie feet above the hips even just slightly). Sitting or standing in one place is THE worst ... if you have to do that move your feet constantly up, down, up down ... that will help pump the fluid away (marginally).

Let me know how you go. Claire
OzClaire

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories