Chills, malaise

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

Chills, malaise

Postby LadyDi » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:03 am

Does anyone here with LE get periods of chills and just feeling bad???
I know chills go with infection but...as far as I know...I dont have any
ongoing infection at this time. Just chills and feeling "poorly". Can anyone shed any light on this subject??..Thanks :) everyone for being here......and sharing. :P
LadyDi

Postby patoco » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:10 am

Hi LadyDi :)

A resounding yes to what you said!.

One of the cutting edge areas of research in lymphedema is in trying to understand that lymphedema is also an inflammatory process that effects our entire body.

I think there are a lot of us who have/do experience you are talking about, myself included.

I have periods of chils, where I can't get warm and I simply ache all over, yet there is no infection.

In simple words, lymphedema puts an amazing amount of stress on our entire boddy, not just the limb it is in.

I found that at those times a couple benodryls help relieve the inflammation. Check with your doc to see if it would be ok for you to try this.

Pat O
patoco
Site Admin

Postby LadyDi » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:42 am

Thanks for the tip Pat!! I never thought of Benadryl....duhhh....I will
check with the Doc. Bless you for your upbeat attitude.....you are surely a blessing to all of us! Thanks again :P
LadyDi

chills, malaise and bad feeling

Postby silvertin » Mon May 07, 2007 4:16 pm

Yes, i also get these chills and feeling of being ill every so often, and thought i was the only one! not understanding much about LE doesnt help - explaining to other people and getting support from family and friends should help but often times they dont as they dont understand that LE can slow you down and make you different from people who dont have it.

I recently had a partner quizzing me and saying that i must be hiding a more serious illness because am always cold and mostly unwell even though i have always talked about LE ...and even after this recent quizzing, he doesnt appear convinced!

So i went about on the internet to look for similar symptoms to mine and general info on LE and thankfully stumbled on this page! :roll:

Sylvie
silvertin

Postby PamelaS » Tue May 08, 2007 10:25 am

I am relieved to see this subject brought up. I sometimes experience the chills and the fatigue and there is no infection. My hands are nearly always cooler than normal. My husband has questioned why I would feel fatigued, given the activity level for that day.

I did inform him of this disucssion and now he understands more, so thanks.

Pamela :)
PamelaS

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories