Pain

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

Pain

Postby LadyDi » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:07 pm

I dont mean to open a can of worms...so to speak...but I was wondering if you all would mind posting what you try for pain and what works best for you....I have tried large doses of Motrin...which may help once in a blue moon, large doses of aspirin and hydrocodone, all of which..dont really help at all. I dont mean to whinge but does anyone know of anything that really helps, if only for a short while to get some relief. I also have arthritis of the knees, feet and hands and heel spurs, so that is no help either. How about anti-inflammatory foods....does that help...a big thanks in advance to whatever hint you can give me. God bless us, everyone.
LadyDi

Postby joanne johnson » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:38 pm

I always depend on advil to relieve pain regardless of the source of pain. I guess I am fortunate that it always works for me. Good luck!
joanne johnson

Postby silkie » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:39 am

Hi LadyDi

I am in the UK i have co-codamol 30/500

It helps a little when things get really tough I find relief in massage sometimes or i pace the room if i am in and do my breathing excercises
i think a lot of time if i can move the fluid it will relieve a little of the pressure causing the pain

However i thankfully do not suffer with arthritis you have the pain from both conditions

I do know that KINESIO taping has helped me with the arm and carpol tunneling and i have read about it helping relieve som arthritis

Pat has information on here about it it might be worth doing a little research on it

Good Luck
Silksxxxxxx
silkie

Postby mama » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:53 pm

I can't speak from personal experience, but through my spouse, which is sometimes pretty close. He is in tremendous pain all the time. On the scale that doctors are so reliant on, Joshua is between a 4-6 most days. On major narcotics he can bring that down to a 1 or 2 - bearable.

He uses a combo of Oxycoton and Endocet (percacet.) He also uses Neurontin (sp) for nerve / skin pain. Heat packs relieve the aches in his knees and ankles.

His doctor had him on methadone which worked wonders but almost killed him twice this winter when it interacted with sleeping pills. I would not recommend it, even if your dr. says meth is safe. These are all prescription strength and you would need a dr. to write them. Hope this helps!

~Stacy
mama

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories