Does anyone suffer with this?

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

Does anyone suffer with this?

Postby LadyDi » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:44 pm

I have this on and off...and wondered if anyone else have the same problem....sometimes I have a stabbing pain like in the top of the thigh..towards the inner side like right where you thigh attaches to your goin. It is very painful at times....and I am wondering if anyone else has ever had this and what do you do for it. It just comes on at times and is very painful. I assumed it had something to do with the lymph fluid, etc...I get so frustrated with lymphedema and all of its ensuing problems! I know I shouldnt whinge but sometimes...I cant help it. :oops: Just wondering if anyone else can shed any light on this problem. Thanks to all who stop and read and/or post! :)
LadyDi

Postby joanne johnson » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:01 pm

I get a very strong pain in that same area you describe. Actualy, I have had it for a few weeks right now. I never associated it with lymphedema but feel it may be a pulled groin muscle. Sometimes it makes it really painful to walk, eventually it gets better. Just my idea about a possible cause.
joanne johnson

Postby patoco » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:23 pm

Hi LadyDi and Joanne :)

Think Joanne is hitting the nail on the head.

One thing to remember is that with the swelling we have, our legs are a lot heavier and that can throw everything of balance. I personaly feel it makes us more susceptible to muscle, ligament strains and the like.

If it continues (for both of you) I would check it out with the doc.

Best :!: :!:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Lymphatic illustration...

Postby LadyDi » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:42 pm

Thanks for you input. I looked on google for an illustration for the lymphatic system...the pain is in the superficial and deep inguinal lymph node.....humm....still hurts like crazy but now I know the name of where it is.....any info from that train of thought Pat? Thanks!
LadyDi

Postby patoco » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:15 pm

Hi Again :D

If it is in the area of the inguinal nodes that could mean a couple things.

The most like cause might be in the way you sit. For example, when I sit straight up in a chair, these nodes are compressed because of the swelling. I get reminder "pings" and then I shift so that my legs are a little more out in front and that area isn't being cramped.

The lymphangiogram I had when I was 13 showed missing nodes in that area, so it is easy for the remaining ones to be easily overloaded.

Check the way you are sitting.

Another possibility is that sometimes before an infection I will actually getting pains in those nodes too. But, there are other symptoms that would appear with an impending infection or cellulitis bout.

This sounds really simplisitic, but I have to say how I sit really does make a difference.

Hope this helps :wink:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby joanne johnson » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:55 pm

Hi Pat,
It really is true that because our legs are heavy from fluid and swelling, our balance is way off. I always use a handrail when going downstairs as I feel I am being propelled forward where you feel you are unable tp prevent the forward thrust which unfortunately can easily cause a fall. Never can be too careful!
joanne johnson

Postby ksl4139 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:42 am

I was just hospitalized 1 1/2 weeks ago for cellulitis in my abdomen area and developed an abcess in the left groin area deep in the tissue. I finished my antibiotics but now my right leg has become very swollen, my abdomen too and I have that pain in my right groin. I feel that the lymph system is blocked. I will probably have to go see a therapist. Its even hard to bend that knee. I have kept up with the wraps, my stockings and use my pump but it doesn't seem to be helping. At my job, I'm a nurse, I am on my feet all day. Hope you feel better!
ksl4139

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories