A Young Veteran

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

A Young Veteran

Postby lleggs1371 » Tue May 15, 2007 9:11 pm

I must apologize, but I entered my first post in the pediatric section. This was done since I was diagnosed with LE at the age of eight. I so excited to be communicating with like-minded individuals; I am also looking for to becoming familiar with you all. I am a tad bit okay to be around, I guess :lol: Anyway, I am learning so much and I will be able to share so much, as well.
lleggs1371

Postby joanne johnson » Tue May 15, 2007 11:59 pm

Hi Llegs,
Welcome! Some of us have been around for awhile, while others like yourself are new to the site. Lymphedema people who share and care about each other seem to be the nicest people. You will see this for yourself.

Yes, it is a relief to communicate with others in the same boat. We understand the ups and downs that we all go through. I'm not happy to have this condition, but I am grateful for the support I receive from the lymph family on this site.
joanne johnson

Postby patoco » Wed May 16, 2007 12:23 am

Hi Llegs :)

Super welcome to our family here :!:

That's ok, to a lot of us you are still a young person :wink:

I remember the first time I met others with lymphedema. It was at a meeting here in Atlanta and other then family members I had never had the chance to meet or talk with anyone else with lymphedema.

Had a couple questions. Have you ever been to a lymphedema therapist or had MLD?

Did the doc put you on water pills specifically for high blood pressure, or for the lymphedema?

What type of pump are you using/going to use?

We have literally hundreds of articles with just about every type of information you can imagine. Be sure to check through the index on the left too.

Look forward to getting to know you :!:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Hello

Postby lleggs1371 » Wed May 16, 2007 10:06 am

Please check your inbox. I sent the message there by mistake instead of posting it here. So happy to be here.

Dawn
lleggs1371

Postby lleggs1371 » Wed May 16, 2007 10:19 am

Oh, I forgot, I have never been to a lymphedema therapist. The only form of therapy I have had is that I have received a full body massage with a "lymphatic" massage being apart of it. I enjoyed that; but no, never received any type of therapy.
lleggs1371

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories