My treatment is being delayed...HELP

laser workshops, physiatrists, Diaphragmatic Breathing, daflon 500, coumarin powder, nordic walking, lymphocyte injection, essential oils, massagers, ball massage, heat, Lymphomyosot, Self Massage Therapy, Elastin Ampules, Lymphobiology, leg drainage, naturopathy, ace bandages, Craniosacral Therapy, lymph node transplants, Lymphatic-venous anastomosis, vein grafting, lymph vessel transplantation, surgery scrotal lymphedema, shoes

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, patoco, Senior Moderators

My treatment is being delayed...HELP

Postby JacquieC » Sat May 26, 2007 11:01 am

I'm really at my wits end..........I had to have an ultrasound done of my lower pelvic section on Thursday, yesterday my family doc called to inform me I have a 4.5 cm cyst on my right ovary ( I had a hysterectomy done 15 yrs ago and they took everything but the right ovary because I was only 29 and they didn't want to throw me into menopause)
Soooooooooooo, since I have LE in both legs up to the groin my therapist wouldn't be able to do the massage in the abdominal area because of the cyst now.
I have an appt to see a GYN on Tues June 5th, they will either treat it with meds or do a removal...either way they both will take time, which means I can't start my LE treatment, I havent talked to my LE therapist yet but I am assuming thats what she'll say. I know she did mention that if there was a cyst she couldnt do the abdominal massage, so what does that leave me...........plus I am worried about the cyst and what type it is.

Right now I just feel so overwhelmed

Peace
Jacquie
JacquieC

ovarian cyst

Postby suzeeq » Sat May 26, 2007 2:50 pm

Hi Jacquie, Don't you just hate the waiting? Especially over a holdiday weekend. You sounded distressed so I just want to give you a little encouragement and hope. Now everyone is different and you should listen to the advice of your therapist and MD, but I just wanted to share this with you. When I was having all the tests done back in 2003 to see why my leg was swelling, I had a trans vaginal pelvic ultrasound. It showed a 2 cm. cyst on my left overy, which is the same side as my LE in my leg. That is about half the size of yours, and I didn't have any symptoms. Would never have known it was there. Anyway, I started MLD in Nov. of 2004. I don't know if my therapist knew it was there, and I never mentioned it. But I have never had any problems. But here might be a difference- the MLD of course starts up in the neck, then clavicular area, then under the arm, the left side of my trunk, left groin and abdomen, then my leg. The entire abdomen is not done on me and I'm not sure if that would make a difference in you. You didn't say if you were having any symptoms, so try not to jump to any conclusions. My cyst is still there and I'm fine. I know you have posted before, but I don't remember if you were just diagnosed with LE. If you have hose, then wear them. And if you don't, I don't think a week or two will make that much difference. I hope this helps you a little. Good luck to you and let us know after your appt. in June. Susan
suzeeq

Postby JacquieC » Sun May 27, 2007 2:00 am

Thanks Susan for the encouraging words :-)

I was just diagnosed with LE in both legs up to the groin a few weeks ago.
The cyst hasn't bothered me until recently, its been tender in that area.
I have 2 appts on June 5th with 2 different GYN's to get their opinions on treatment. I plan on calling my LE therapist Tuesday morning to see how she wants to handle this.

Wish me luck :)

Peace
Jacquie
JacquieC

Return to Treatment for Lymphedema