Lymphedema 50 ml in left arm?????

laser workshops, physiatrists, Diaphragmatic Breathing, daflon 500, coumarin powder, nordic walking, lymphocyte injection, essential oils, massagers, ball massage, heat, Lymphomyosot, Self Massage Therapy, Elastin Ampules, Lymphobiology, leg drainage, naturopathy, ace bandages, Craniosacral Therapy, lymph node transplants, Lymphatic-venous anastomosis, vein grafting, lymph vessel transplantation, surgery scrotal lymphedema, shoes

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, patoco, Senior Moderators

Lymphedema 50 ml in left arm?????

Postby grieselhuber » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:15 am

I was recently measured with lymphometer in a Study I am in "Effects of Expressive Writing in Breast Cancer Survivors witih Lymphedema" and they said I have 50 ml in my left arm (arm with lymphedema) -- I believe that is a "mild" case but I have been wearing glove/sleeve daytime for 3 months and Jovi-Pak at night -- getting so tired of glove/sleeve in daytime. Has anyone any comments on their treatments - I also have been getting Lymphedema Massage Therapy (by LANA certified therapist) weekly and it's getting expensive -- I also try to do my own massage 3 - 5 times per week.

Any comments from anyone
grieselhuber

Postby patoco » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:54 am

Hi Griesel

Super welcome to our family here :!: :!:

I originally had just leg lymphedema from birth, but now as a result of lymphoma have it iin my arms (more left then right).

Thus far, I manage it fairly well with self massage - often; exercises, lymph node stimulation.

That will go a long way in helping to maintain the arm and/or prevent it from getting worse.

Be sure to include skin care in your daily regime too. It is important to keep the skin healthy, prevent chapping, drying out etc. Also, that help prevent entry for any possible bacteria as you'll want to prevent infections.

You may want to look over our revised page on Arm Lymphedema

http://www.lymphedemapeople.com/wiki/do ... lymphedema

Lots of good ideas on it.

We also have lots of pages and info on lymphedema and breast cancer in our newer Wiki section.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask :)

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Treatment for Lymphedema