Flexitouch??

laser workshops, physiatrists, Diaphragmatic Breathing, daflon 500, coumarin powder, nordic walking, lymphocyte injection, essential oils, massagers, ball massage, heat, Lymphomyosot, Self Massage Therapy, Elastin Ampules, Lymphobiology, leg drainage, naturopathy, ace bandages, Craniosacral Therapy, lymph node transplants, Lymphatic-venous anastomosis, vein grafting, lymph vessel transplantation, surgery scrotal lymphedema, shoes

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, patoco, Senior Moderators

Flexitouch??

Postby omi » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:24 am

Not sure I am in the right forum or even doing this post correctly. I have been given the chance to purchase(through insurance)the Flexitouch (lower extremity), I see posts from two years ago, but not more recent ones, anybody out there been on this machine on a regular basis? My lymphedema is contained to an upper thigh and left pelvic side, so I do have some concerns of what I have heard could be possible side effects by using a pump. I understand that the flexitouch is different from the traditional leg pumps but still would like to hear people's(besides the people interviewed on Flexitouch's webpage) experiences.
omi

Re: Flexitouch??

Postby patoco » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:56 am

Hey Omi

I keep hoping that someone who has actually used the Flexi will respond as I know that quite number of our members have.

I wanted to see what it was like so I gave it a test run, and it was great. With my severe abdominal fluid and lung fluid there just is no way I could safely use any type of compression. If I could, it most likely would be the Flexi.

BTW....Flexi people did not offer to nor have they ever suggested any renumeration for those two Flexi pages I did so they really are my honest personal opinion. LOL...I find one of the freedoms of having this site is that I can say what ever I feel or think and no one can tell me to go home :)

Anyway, hang in there and let's see if someone will speak up.

My best to you :!:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Treatment for Lymphedema