questions please

laser workshops, physiatrists, Diaphragmatic Breathing, daflon 500, coumarin powder, nordic walking, lymphocyte injection, essential oils, massagers, ball massage, heat, Lymphomyosot, Self Massage Therapy, Elastin Ampules, Lymphobiology, leg drainage, naturopathy, ace bandages, Craniosacral Therapy, lymph node transplants, Lymphatic-venous anastomosis, vein grafting, lymph vessel transplantation, surgery scrotal lymphedema, shoes

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, patoco, Senior Moderators

questions please

Postby carol » Sun May 06, 2007 5:14 pm

Hi Everyone,
2004 arm lymphedema and 2005 hand lymphedema after breast cancer.
I wear my sleeve and glove every day and wrap my hand every night.
I don't do the mld anymore as it doesn't make a difference at all. Am i wrong in not doing it??????

My arm is one inch bigger than my other arm.
If i wrap it goes down very little.

When i wake up my hand is down from wrapping and my arm is not to bad at all but i do put my sleeve and glove on for 15 hours a day.My arm aches sometimes.

It seems like all i am doing is moving the fluid out of my hand to my arm.
I even wrapped for 35, yes ,35 days for 23 hours a day and went for treatment and it didn't seem to make a difference.

MAYBE this is the best it will get and if so is one inch bigger
not to bad? How much bigger is your lymphedema arms or legs?

There are 4 women in our breast cancer group but they only wear their sleeve off and on. Their LE DOESN'T GET WORSE.
WISH I COULD DO THAT TO. I am the only one with hand LE.

I really cannot imagine how you all do it as it is only one arm and one hand of me.
Thank you Pat for all the help you give us. bc and le hugs Carol
carol

Postby patoco » Sun May 06, 2007 7:49 pm

Hi Ya Carol :)

Wanted to ask if you did lymph node stimulation (clearance) when you did the self MLD?

I would try doing double time on the lymph node stimulation and besure to include head, neck, chest, abdomen as well as arm nodes. Go back to doing the self MLD after you clear the pathways.

I know what a "pain" it is to have to do this, but it may be necessary and for a time, you may need to do it several times a day until you can get some results.

Also, kinda double check clothing to make sure nothing you are wearing is creating anytime of choke point without you realizing it.

I wish Ihad more to offer, but try this and see if it will help.

Suepr hug back to ya :!: :!: :!:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby donsuzbee » Tue May 08, 2007 6:42 pm

I have found that when my LD acts up, I do get relief from the PT doing the MLD massage. Even if I just go a few times and wrap at night, wearing my sleeve during the day it helps.
Do you have a Tribute sleeve? I love mine for nighttime. I am FINALLY under control pretty much. My upper arm is 45% larger than my other one, but I am learning to live with that.
God bless!
Susan B.
donsuzbee

mld

Postby carol » Tue May 08, 2007 7:37 pm

Hi Pat and Don, I think i just needed a push. I just finished doing mld.....haven't done it for a month......i will try doing it twice a day and see if that helps, Pat....
Also read somewhere with wrapping the first 6 hours is when it makes a difference so may try that also
What is a tribute sleeve and how much does it cost....i am in Canada......i don't have insurance.....thanks le hugs Carol
carol

Return to Treatment for Lymphedema