Lymphedema was transient!!!

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

Lymphedema was transient!!!

Postby allj » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:39 pm

Thank all of you who have been so supportive. As you may recall I developed lymphedema after surgery for a repair of a past hernia surgery that entrapped a nerve. 6 weeks after sugery I went back to the gym. While exercising my thigh became painful and inflamed and my leg swelled and pitted. I had tests to rule out clots. It was assumed I had secondary lymphema from the surgery. I wore stockings daily. I asked for a lymphoscintigraphy to help the therapist and to see where the blockage was. The results were normal lymph flow in both legs. I am of the opinion that I had a false negative with the doppler and may have had phlebitis. I'm sure you can appreciate my joy. I only wish the same for everyone on the site. For those who are unaware there is a mouse model and funding for trials for a lymphedema at Stanford. See http://mednews.stanford.edu/releases/20 ... edema.html
For those of you in pain I have found a great meditation book/cd that has helped reduce the painful sensations to a tolerable level. Break through pain by Shinzen Young. Good luck to everyone and thanks again. Alan Schwartz
allj

Postby patoco » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:03 am

Hey Alan :D

Couldn't be happier for you :!: :!: :!:

It is a real God send that the swelling was temporary. That is the news I wish all our secondary LE'ers could receive.

I wish the continued very best for you....and do want you to keep in touch

:mrgreen: Pat O
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories