Medical Mystery...Help me?

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Birdwatcher, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

Medical Mystery...Help me?

Postby Sopralto37 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:44 am

Hello!
So, now that I've found you guys (I've been diagnosed for 12 years, but out of the loop on everything), I've discovered this thing called Cellulitus. I think this might be what I have, but I would be interested in some advice. You see, I don't have medical insurance because my family can't afford it so the next time I go to the doctor, I want to have the right things to say and the right questions to ask. Let me fill you in on what's been happening.

It all started in August 2010. I started feeling freezing cold and super tired on a super hot day out. Then I felt like my lower abdomen was in so much pain I might die. Turns out I had a super fever and my LE leg started to be a bit painful when I put pressure on it. This episode lasted for almost 3 weeks during which we thought I might have had Lymphoma so I went through a surgical biopsy. Then my symptoms went away for about 2 weeks, until it happened again-but this time it only lasted 2 days. Now every 10 days-ish I have another one of those episodes. Sometimes I throw up from the nausea, other times I faint from the weakness. It's now April, and I've been through skads of tests and a diagnostic laproscopy (for when we thought I had endometriosis) as well with still no answer to why I keep getting sick! I'm in college, and so every time this happens I'm in so much pain that I cannot get out of bed for 1-2 days. This means that I'm missing classes and having to reschedule exams all the time. I'm getting pretty emotionally drained and hoping for some advice? I recently found a doctor here that knows about LE (did you know that they hide in Vascular departments? Who'da thunk?!) My question is this: is the red blotchy business on the limb always present with Cellulitis? Because I don't always get that, but sometimes I do. I'm just really really hoping that this is what's going on so that I can have an answer and hopefully a cure.
Thanks so much for your help!!
-Sarah
Sopralto37

Re: Medical Mystery...Help me?

Postby Sopralto37 » Mon May 02, 2011 3:41 am

Well, I went to the doctor anyways and got myself the antibiotics for Cellulitus, I figured it couldn't hurt, right?

It has now been over 3 weeks since my last episode, the longest I've ever gone!!!!! I cannot wait to see how long I can last his time, maybe we found the cure? After getting myself into over $21,000 in medical bill debt, I may have gotten the cure to my mystery for ironically $4.00 worth of antibiotics at Target. I don't know how many of you are religious, but Praise God is all I have to say, and I'm hoping and praying to never have another episode in my life.

-Sarah :D :D :D :D :D
Sopralto37

Postby patoco » Mon May 02, 2011 8:25 am

This is really wonderful and we share your hopes and prayers that you never have another episode either.

Boy, I sure don't miss the ones I used to have.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby Sopralto37 » Thu May 05, 2011 4:58 am

Well, it came back again today, though my doc said that since it was going on for son long that it might take 2 rounds of antibiotic. So I started the 2nd round today, lets just hope this one sticks. Otherwise, it's not Cellulitis and I've got more tests to do...
Sopralto37

Return to Leg Lymphedema